Physiotherapy Graduate Program
At Action Rehab we live by our motto;
Your Injury, Your Outcome, Our Passion
As a member of the Action Rehab team you are central to our motto. We want you to feel our passion, be encouraged by great patient outcomes and have an expert understanding of every upper limb injury from Shoulder to Fingertip.
Everything we do is geared towards you, our team. Our values guide us to delivering a supportive environment which encourages you as a professional who deserves the best support and career advancement possible.
WHO WE ARE
Action Rehab is Victoria’s largest upper limb rehabilitation service, with 19 clinics located across Melbourne and Gippsland. We are a group of physiotherapists and occupational therapists dedicated to helping people recover from injuries of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand.
WHAT WE DO
We are a private practice treating conditions of the shoulder, elbow wrist and hand.
- Advanced upper limb fracture management
- Private fracture clinics
- Exercise prescription and rehabilitation
- Upper limb strength and conditioning including Pilates
- Splinting and casting
Our Graduate program is well established having commenced in 2018 and a number of our graduates have since gone on to become clinic leaders and equity partners in the business. We have established experienced clinicians across all of our clinics who help support and guide you through the initial years of your clinical practice. We bring our extensive experience in private practice, our learnings and our passion to you as a Graduate within our team. We are constantly looking to support Graduates and our intake is all year.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for new graduate therapists to join our Melbourne and Gippsland clinics. Our ideal candidates will have:
You can apply via our website:
WHAT WE OFFER
Starting out in private practice can be a daunting prospect, we aim to make the transition from university to practice as smooth as possible. Our new graduates are eased into a caseload following a six-week observational structured training program. You will shadow a senior clinician and learn the basics of working in a private practice setting with an upper limb caseload including the neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. In your first year our training program will include:
- Fundamentals of assessment of the Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand.
- Anatomy of the upper limb including the cervical spine
- Assessment and treatment of common Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Principles of fracture management
- Principles of tissue injury and repair
- Splinting and casting
- Dry needling
- Sports injury management including early return
- Managing post-operative conditions
- Surgical wound and scar management
- Principles of exercise rehabilitation
- Clinical Pilates and managing upper limb conditions
- Managing the compensable patient
- Hands on treatments
- Principles to success in private practice
- Reformer Pilates training
On top of the generous professional development allowance to complete external courses, we
provide fortnightly in-house professional development, run by one of our experienced senior
clinicians to the entire team.
- Complex injury cases
- Advanced fracture management
- Advanced assessments
- Journal clubs
- Innovations in injury management
As you start your journey in private practice, you will likely have some stumbles. This is normal and
we pride ourselves on supporting our new graduates through this with weekly 1 on 1 supervision
with a senior therapist:
- Individual case study discussion
- Personal reflection and goal setting
- Caseload reviews- diary management, rebooking, handling cancellations, time management
- Discussion of complex cases
New Graduate Therapist
0-12 Months (Discretionary bonus for high performance)
1-3 Years (Eligibility for financial performance bonus for full time employees)
(For exceptional therapists)
- We work with elite sporting clubs across the AFL, NRL, olympics and many others
- Innovative, vibrant, great culture
- Multiple clinic locations
- Extensive experience and expertise
- Over 4000 gps trust us
- Work alongside Melbournes top upper limb surgeons
- Flexible hours (no weekends!)
- Quarterly social events
- Surgical observation with Melbourne’s top upper limb surgeons
- Room for career progression
Interested in joining the team?
We’re always on the look for new staff members with a passion and drive for helping clients. Please email your resumè, coverletter and credentials today!